Fastag is a new electronic toll collection system that is operated by the National Highway Authority of India also known as NHAI in India. It works on radio frequency technology i.e and by using it vehicle owners can make toll payments directly.
When you sell your vehicle, then you should immediately close your Fastag account, otherwise, the payment will keep on deducting from a linked prepaid bank account. So after selling your vehicle and transferring the details to the new owner after completing the paperwork you must deactivate your Fastag account.
If you don’t close your Fastag account after selling your vehicle, then the new owner of the vehicle can take advantage of it by making the payments that will be deducted from the account that is linked with you. Another reason why you should close your Fastag account after selling the vehicle is that the new vehicle owner will not be able to apply a new Fastag until you close your old Fastag account.
In this article, we will discuss how to close your ICICI Bank Fastag and how to get a security refund.
How to close your ICICI Bank Fastag account?
There are many service providers through which you can get a Fastag. ICICI Bank is one such service provider through which you can apply a Fastag. As mentioned above, when you sell your vehicle purchased from any service provider including ICICI Bank, then it is a must for you to close the Fastag account linked with that vehicle in order to avoid getting the payments deducted from that account.
There are many ways to close your ICICI Bank Fastag account. Below we will explain step by step process to close ICICI Bank Fastag through these methods.
Closing ICICI Bank Fastag account using the website
Follow the below steps to close your ICICI Bank Fastag account online through the website.
- First of all, you have to visit the official Fastag portal of ICICI Bank.
- After opening the ICICI Bank Fastag portal, you have to log in by entering your username and password.
- Once you are logged in, you will see an option Raise Request/Complaint in the top navigation.
- This option is usually the same for most of the Fastag service provider banks.
- After selecting this option a form will open up where you will have to select various further options like Tag closure and also give a detailed description about the request for closing your ICICI Bank Fastag.
- Once you entered all the above details, you will have to click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your request for closing the ICICI Bank Fastag will now be submitted.
Closing ICICI Bank Fastag account using Customer care number
Follow the below steps to close your ICICI Bank Fastag account through customer care.
- For this, first of all, you have to call the customer support team of ICICI bank through this number 18002100104.
- After calling on this toll-free number, you will be connected to the customer support executive of ICICI Bank Fastag.
- The ICICI Bank Fastag customer care executive will give you complete information about how to close your Fastag account.
- You can also generate the request for closing the ICICI Bank Fastag by sending an email to the official email address of the ICICI Bank Fastag customer care mail.
- Another option to close the ICICI Bank Fastag is by calling the toll-free helping line of NHAI i.e 1033.
- After calling the customer care number, you will be asked to follow some steps.
- Once you follow all these steps, the process of closing your ICICI Bank Fastag will be started.
- You will receive a message on your registered mobile number when your Fastag account will be closed.
Closing your ICICI Bank Fastag account through mobile app
You can also close your ICICI Bank Fastag account through the mobile app of the bank and follow the below steps for this.
- Download and install the official mobile app of the ICICI Bank into your mobile phone.
- Log in to the app by entering your credentials.
- Once you are logged in to the app, you will see the option to close your Fastag account.
- Then you will have to follow the further steps to cancel/deactivate your ICICI Bank Fastag account.
- After all the steps are completed, your Fastag account will be deactivated.
Steps to get ICICI Bank Fastag refund
Here we will explain the steps to get an ICICI Bank Fastag refund.
- To get the refund of ICICI Bank Fastag, you first have to call on the above-mentioned toll-free number.
- After calling on the above number, you will have to raise a request for the closure of your Fastag.
- Once you give a request for closing your ICICI Bank Fastag, a code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- The customer care executive will then ask for this code.
- You will have to provide the code to the executive as a confirmation for closing the ICICI Bank Fastag.
- When you share the verification code with the customer care executive then your request for the Fastag closure will be confirmed.
- Your Fastag will be closed within 3-5 working days from the date you give the request for closure.
- The ICICI Bank Fastag security deposit will be transferred into your linked bank account within 7-10 working days after the closing of the Fastag account.