What is a Fastag
A new electronic toll collection system known as Fastag has been implemented all across India for the four-wheeler vehicle and it is now a must for all vehicles to have Fastag enabled on the windscreen of these vehicles to make the automatic toll plazas. Although adoption of Fastag device is now a must for all vehicles, if any vehicle has not installed Fastag yet, then the vehicle owners have to pay the double or extra charge as Toll Payment at the toll plazas.
In other words, Fastag is a digital technique based on Radio Frequency identification technology through which the payment is done at the toll plazas across National Highways of India electronically with vehicles to wait for long at the toll booths.
Document required for buying Fastag
The important documents that are necessary for you to apply a new Fastag are:
- Registration certificate of the vehicle
- Passport size photos of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents like PAN, Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving License
If you want to purchase a Fastag for your vehicle, then you can apply it online or offline. Various banks like SBI, HDFC, ICICI Bank give the facility of easily buying new Fastag to the vehicle owners. After purchasing a Fastag from any platform including ICICI Bank, you have to periodically put money into your Fastag device which is also known as recharging your Fastag.
There are many methods of recharging your Fastag purchased from any bank like ICICI Bank. Here in this article, we will explain how you can recharge your Fastag using iMobile app of ICICI Bank.
What is the iMobile app of ICICI Bank?
To provide the facility of payment and other banking services, ICICI Bank has launched a mobile app which is known iMobile. The iMobile is a unique and first kind of banking app that gives the users to get its services without having the need to open an account with ICICI bank. Many other services provided by iMobile to its users are:
- Users can get the benefit of the Instant banking service of ICICI Bank.
- They can open saving accounts digitally.
- Apply for a credit card, debit card, Loans, etc.
The help of iMobile app also lets the users to transfer money to any other bank or any digital mobile payment service. Payments and transactions in iMobile app can be done by using any UPI id etc.
Various new features have been recently added in iMobile app of ICICI Bank and some of these features are like Booking Travel tickets, recharging mobiles, making electricity bills, Opening Fixed Deposit(FD) account, RD account buying insurance policy, Mutual funds investment, etc.
But the most popular feature that has been recently added to the long list of iMobile app is the facility of recharging Fastag. It means that you can now easily recharge your Fastag with the help of iMobile app of ICICI bank.
Recharging Fastag using iMobile app linked to ICICI Bank
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag linked to ICICI Bank, using iMobile app.
- Install and open iMobile app on your smartphone.
- After opening the app, you will have to click on the ‘Bill Payment & Fastag’ option.
- Here you have to choose ‘ICICI Fastag’
- Now you have to touch/tap the ‘Recharge’ option
- In the next step, you have entered the vehicle number for which you want to do recharge.
- After that enter the desired recharge amount and choose the account.
- You will then be asked to verify all the entered details and then complete the process by clicking on ‘Confirm’
- Your Fastag recharge will now be done using iMobile app of ICICI Bank.
Recharging Fastag using iMobile app not linked to ICICI Bank
- First of all, you have to download the iMobile App of ICICI Bank and then need to create a new Login id by registering
- Again choose the ‘Bill Payment & Fastag’ option
- Now you will be required to choose the ‘Other Fastag’ option.
- You will then have to enter various information like Biller name, Amount, and account number.
- Click on the ‘Confirm’ button after pre-verifying all the entered details.