Fastag is a technology launched by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and operated by the National Highways Authority of India. This RFID i.e Radio Frequency Identification based technology makes your traveling through four-wheeler vehicles on highways in India very easy because you can pay at the toll plazas without cash payment and no need to stop for a long.
Fastag is issued by many service providers in India. Many banks and digital payment service companies in India provide the facility of purchasing Fastag devices for your vehicles.
One such bank is ICICI Bank from where you can buy a Fastag for your vehicle.
In this article, we will explain in detail, how you can recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag through various platforms.
Some of the popular ways of recharging your ICICI Bank Fastag are:
- ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by iMobile Pay
- ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by MyFastag App
- ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by UPI
- ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by Google Pay
- ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by Paytm
- ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by PhonePe
- ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by Amazon Pay
Why Recharge your ICICI Bank Bank Fastag?
Before explaining various methods of recharging your ICICI Bank Bank Fastag, it is important to know why it is required to recharge it.
Fastag is a pre-paid wallet and like a pre-paid mobile SIM card, it is required to recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag because to pay toll fees at the toll plazas and to use other services, your Fastag Wallet must be recharged. If your Fastag purchased from any bank including ICICI Bank is not recharged or has a low balance in it then you will have to pay double fees at the toll plazas.
So without going further we will see different methods of recharging your ICICI Bank Fastag.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by Yono App
Yono App is a digital banking platform launched by ICICI Bank. It is created for use in both Android and Ios mobile devices. ICICI Bank Yono App provides many kinds of Finacial services through which users can transfer money, do mobile, DTH Recharge, Online Shopping, and Tickets booking. Users can take the benefits of these services from their homes and can now also do their ICICI Bank Fastag recharge using the Yono app in just a few clicks.
To recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag using Yono app, follow the below steps.
- Download and Install ICICI Bank iMobile Pay on your Mobile phone.
- Enter your login details to log in to your iMobile Pay account.
- You will see the ‘iMobile Pay’ option after login in.
- After Tapping on the iMobile Pay option, under the ‘Quick Payments’ section there is a ‘Fastag’ option
- After tapping on the ‘Fastag’ option, enter your vehicle number and recharge the amount.
- Make the Recharge payment by using UPI, Netbanking, Credit Card, Debit, etc.
- Once the payment is confirmed, your ICICI Bank Fastag using iMobile Pay is complete.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by MyFastag App
MyFastag app was launched by NHAI for providing various facilities to Fastag owners. The main objective of launching the MyFastag app was to enable vehicle owners to buy a new Fastag, check their Fastag balance, and recharge their Fastag wallet at any time and anywhere.
Initially, Fastag was launched with only a few features, but later it was updated with many features and the most important of these features are balance checking and reloading your Fastag purchased from any service provider.
You can now also recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag through MyFastag app by using the below steps:
- The first thing you need to recharge your Fastag wallet using MyFastag app is to download this app on your mobile device.
- Create an account on the app and log in by using your username and password.
- You will notice an option to recharge your Fastag by choosing the bank from which you have purchased your Fastag.
- Select ‘ICICI Bank Bank’ from the list of banks.
- Enter the number of your vehicle for which you want to recharge your Fastag.
- Enter the amount to be added to your Fastag account.
- Choose payment methods like Netbanking, UPI, etc.
- Complete the payment and your Fastag recharge will be done using the MyFastag app.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by UPI
UPI which stands for Unified Payment Interface is a digital payments service which initially launched for sending money from one bank account to another from anywhere. Not only you can make the payment to any shopping website by using UPI, but you can also buy movie tickets, airline tickets, Mobile Recharge, DTH Recharge, Paying Electricity bills, Water bills, and a lot more.
UPI apps now provide the service of recharging your Fastag purchased from any bank including ICICI Bank bank. The process of recharging your Fastag by using UPI is easy and quick. You must follow the steps mentioned below to recharge your ICICI Bank bank Fastag through UPI.
- Download any UPI app to your Android or ios enabled mobile device.
- Create an account on this UPI app and log in by entering your credentials.
- After login, a ‘Send’ button can be seen in front of you.
- You will have to enter the UPI handle of your bank i.e of ICICI Bank bank which has this format: “netc.vehiclenumber@ICICI Bank”
- The next steps require you to verify your UPI ID.
- You will see a text field where you have to enter the recharge amount that you want to fill into your ICICI Bank Fastag wallet.
- Enter your UPI PIN and complete the payment.
- Your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge will be done by using UPI.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by Paytm app
Paytm is a digital Wallet service that is very popular in India and by using it we can perform various tasks. Apart from transferring money from one person to another person, Paytm lets you do many of your daily tasks like recharging your Mobile, booking bus, train, or airplane tickets, and paying electricity, and gas bills.
Paytm services can be used by using their website or mobile app. Paytm is a big step towards digitalization and one of the top platforms that are providing various Fastag-related services. Not only it gives the option of buying a new Fastag for your vehicles, it is also possible to recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag by Paytm.
The steps to recharge ICICI Bank Bank Fastag are listed below:
- Download and install the payment app on your Mobile Phone if you have not done this already.
- You can also open the Paytm website directly on your mobile or desktop.
- Find the ‘Recharge’ option once your log in to your Paytm account.
- Under the ‘Recharge’ option, you will see the ‘Fastag’ option.
- You can also search for the ‘Fastag recharge option directly in the search box.
- Then you will have to choose the ‘ICICI Bank Bank’ from the list of banks.
- Fill in the Registration Number of your Vehicle linked with the Fastag wallet.
- Enter the recharge amount and then click on the ‘Proceed’ option.
- You will now see various payment options like Netbanking, Credit Card, Debit Card, Paytm Wallet, etc.
- Make the recharge payment with the help of any of the above payment methods.
- Your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge is now complete by using Paytm.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by Google Pay app
Google Pay is another popular digital payment service through which we can perform online transactions, make bill payments, recharge our mobiles, etc. Google Pay is UPI based mobile payment app and for using its services you have to link your bank account with Google Pay.
Google Pay app now also comes with a feature through which you can recharge your any bank Fastag including ICICI Bank Fastag by following simple steps.
There are many good features added to Google Pay that make it easy to recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag compared to other apps. Here are the steps to do your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge by using Google Pay.
- Download the Google Pay app on your mobile phone from Play Store.
- After downloading, create an account if you have not created it yet.
- Login to your Google Pay App account.
- You will see a ‘New Payment’ option.
- Click on this option, then search for ‘Fastag’ in the search bar.
- A list of all Fastag issuing banks will appear.
You will have to scroll down and then select ‘ICICI Bank Fastag’ from this list.
- In the next step, click on the ‘Get Started button
You will have to link your account by entering your Vehicle Registration number and an optional ‘Nickname’
- Now touch on the ‘Link Account’ button.
- Your Fastag account will be linked to Google Pay after you tap the ‘Link Account’ button.
- You will now be able to see your Fastag account.
- Here you will see a ‘Pay’ option.
- You can enter a minimum amount of Rs. 200 here to add to your Fastag account.
- Tap the ‘Pay’ button.
- You will now have to make the payment through Google Pay by using your UPI Pin.
- When the payment is complete, your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge will be done by using Google Pay.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by PhonePe app
PhonePe is a mobile Wallet that aims to make digital payments easy and secure. It is a UPI-based app that is very secure and Fast. You can use PhonePe Mobile Wallet is like your Pocket wallet mobile wallet through which you can pay directly through your bank account, credit card, and debit card.
To recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag, you can choose PhonePe as it is very convenient and simple to do any kind of recharge through it including your ICICI Bank Fastag. Follow these steps for your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge using PhonePe.
- Open the PhonePe app on your mobile and log in with your credentials.
- After login in, you will see the ‘Recharge and Pay Bills’ options.
- Here you will have to select the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- Choose ICICI Bank Fastag from the list of Fastag issuing banks.
- Fill in the Registration Number of your Vehicle
- Enter the desired recharge amount.
- Make the payment to complete your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge by using PhonePe.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge by Amazon Pay app
Amazon which is one of the largest e-commerce companies is also the biggest online shopping platform in India. You can purchase anything from Amazon either by paying online or cash on delivery. Amazon has a dedicated mobile app for doing all the things which you do through the Amazon website and this app is known as Amazon Pay App.
By using the Amazon Pay app you can do mobile recharge, DTH recharge, FASTag recharge, utility bill payment, insurance, investment, credit card bill payment, online shopping, etc.
You can use the Amazon Pay app for recharging your ICICI Bank Fastag app and have to follow these mentioned steps:
- If you already have the Amazon Pay app on your mobile phone, then open it.
- Enter your login details to log in to the app.
- Enter the Vehicle registration number associated with the Fastag.
- A list of banks will appear and you will have to select ICICI Bank bank from this list.
- Fill in the amount of your choice that you want to add to your ICICI Bank Fastag account.
- Make the recharge payment through any of the available payment methods.
- Your ICICI Bank Fastag recharge is now done through Amazon Pay.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge Online Using Vehicle Number
To recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag using your vehicle number you can follow the below steps:
- Open the official Fastag portal of ICICI Bank Bank Fastag
- After login into your ICICI Bank Fastag account, go to the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- Then you will be asked to enter your vehicle number.
- Now fill in the recharge amount you wish your ICICI Bank Fastag to be refilled.
- Complete the payment by choosing one of the many available payment methods.
- Now your ICICI Bank Fastag will be recharged using the Vehicle number.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge With Chassis Number
You also have the option to recharge your ICICI Bank Bank Fastag through Chassis Number. For this, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Login to MyFastag App on your mobile phone if you already have it.
- If you don’t have the MyFastag app, then download it from Play Store.
- Login to the MyFastag account.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) i.e Vehicle registration or Chassis
- A number of your Vehicle which is linked to your Fastag.
- Recharge your Fastag purchased from ICICI Bank bank by entering the desired recharge amount.
- Your ICICI Bank Bank Fastag recharge will now be complete by using Chassis Number.
ICICI Bank Fastag Recharge Without Login
For recharging your ICICI Bank Fastag through any of the platforms you will have to visit the official website or app of that platform and then create an account and login. This is a long process and takes a lot of time. You need either your Customer ID, Wallet ID, mobile, etc for recharging your Fastag, but if you don’t have much time, then you can recharge your ICICI Bank Fastag without login.
For recharging your ICICI Bank Fastag without login, you just need your vehicle number and can do it through any of the Digital Payment apps like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe, etc which are already explained above.