Fastag is an automatic toll collection system that uses RFID ie the Radio Frequency Identification technique and is implemented across all the toll plazas at national highways of India. Through Fastag, toll plaza fees will be automatically deducted from the driver’s Fastag prepaid account. This Fastag is a part of the national electronic toll collection program of the National Highways Authority of India and was made mandatory on 15 February 2021. Fastag has to be installed in front of your vehicle glass from inside and you can stick it in it like a sticker.
If the Fastag sticker is pasted on your vehicle’s front glass then whenever you cross any toll plaza, then the sensor of the automatic toll plaza will detect your Fastag, and money is deducted from your Fastag card without stopping your vehicle.
Various benefits of using SBI Fastag
There are many advantages of using Fastag. Some of the benefits are given below:
- Saves time
- Cashback offers
- SMS alert of transactions
- There is no need to stop at the toll plaza for any cash transaction.
- Less consumption of Fuel
- Easy to recharge
Fastag gives an opportunity to people to earn money. People can earn a good amount of money per month by becoming agents and selling Fastag.
SBI Fastag agent
According to the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) there are about 16 Crore four-wheeler vehicles in India and only 20% of them have installed Fastag on them. So it is a good chance for someone who is looking to earn extra money by making small investments and this can be done by getting SBI Fastag dealership. People can get SBI Fastag dealership and become its agent by investing just Rs. 50000.
Becoming a Fastag agent is very simple and easy. Anyone looking to get Fastag POS or becoming its agent needs to fulfill only some basic requirements which are as below:
- To become SBI Fastag agent, the applicant must have a fundamental knowledge of operating computer systems.
- Having a basic knowledge of operating computer is necessary because the Fastag agent have to make various transaction related to Fastag and to maintain a record of all these transactions
- To get the SBI Fastag dealership, the applicant must have his/her own desktop computer or laptop.
- The person also much have a printer and Biometric device of his own.
- As mentioned above, the Fastag agent has to make various transactions, so he/she must have all the above devices to perform these transactions.
- Before applying for Fastag dealership, the applicant must have Rs. 50000 to invest.
How to apply for becoming SBI Fastag Agent
Although any person who fulfills the basic requirements mentioned above can apply to become a Fastag agent, still preferences are given to some people who have a following.
- To become SBI Fastag agent, any person must be keen to work in the field.
- He must have a good number of social connection i.e he must have links with lot of people who owns four-wheelers.
- The preference of giving the Fastag dealership is given to those who are:
Works at Petrol Pumps
The applicant must have the following documents to prove his identity. These documents can be any one of the below:
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle for which Fastag is required.
- The applicant needs to submit a passport size photograph of the vehicle owner.
Once all the above documents are submitted by the applicant to the Fastag dealership issuing agency, an account of the applicant will be generated and credentials will be sent to him.
When the account is generated, the person can make the login as the Fastag agent.
After doing the login, it is possible for the agent to create a User ID and Password that will be unique for him.
How Fastag agents can sell it
As we have mentioned above in this article, Fastag has been made compulsory by NHAI since 15 February 2021 for all four-wheeler vehicles and still, there are 70-80 vehicles in the country on which Fastag is not installed yet, so SBI Fastag agents can sell the Fastags to those vehicle owners who pass through toll plaza across the country. Fastag agents can get a good commission of up to Rs. 200 per Fastag
How to apply for Fastag agent/POS agent
Any person interesting in becoming Fastag agent has to submit a form and can follow the below steps in order to apply for Fastag dealership:
- To apply for becoming SBI Fastag agent, first of all, you have to open the link https://nict.ind.in/sbifastag.html
- When you open this link, you will get the information regarding how to become Fastag agent, minimum eligibility criteria, benefits of using Fastag etc.
- You will see Apply Now>> Button at the bottom of this page. Click on this button
- After clicking on this button, you will be redirected to a new window, where you will see a form.
- You will have to fill in some personal details here. You have to enter some basic information like Applying Person Name, Address, contact number, email address etc.
- The applicant must also select his location, division etc.
- The applicant must also have to upload one of his KYC documents like Voter ID, Aadhar card etc.
- After that, he must tick on this check box ‘I certify that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.”
- Then click on the submit button. After clicking on the submit button, the applicant will get an approval mail of becoming the Fastag agent.
- Now he can start the business of selling Fastag agents and start earning money.