Ministry of Road Transport and Highways came up with a new system to avoid queues at the toll plazas. This system was originated in the year 2014 in few major cities of India and is was named Fastag. Fastag is an electronic toll collection system that makes it easy to pay toll taxes at the toll plazas and it allows the vehicles to cross over highways very speedily due to automatic deduction of the toll payment.
The main objective of this article is to provide information regarding how you can check the balance of your Fastag in Google Pay. Before this, we will explain briefly what is a Fastag, how it works, and how to apply a new Fastag.
What is a Fastag and how it works
Fastag is just like a prepaid card that used Radio Frequency Identification technology. Once getting a Fastag, you have to affix it on the windshield of the vehicle. When your Fastag gets activated and you come within the range of few meters of any toll plazas, then Radio Frequency Identification technology used the Fastag devices allows it to be scanned by the sensors at that particular toll plaza. The payment will be made from your Fastag prepaid account and you can move to your destinations without waiting much in the queues of toll plazas.
When the Fastag was launched initially then there used to be only a few lanes at the toll plazas which accepted payment through Fastag, but now as it is a must for all four or more wheeled vehicles to have a Fastag, therefore all lanes at toll plazas are dedicated to Fastag. You can just enter any of these lanes and need not stop paying the toll fees.
By using Fastag on your vehicle you can avail yourself very benefits, some of which are:
- Fastag eliminates the need of carrying cash with you for making toll payments.
- Fastag speeds up the toll payment due to zero waiting time.
- Fastag can now also be used to pay parking fees and making payments at the petrol pumps.
- Many cashback programs are also run by the Fastag providers.
- A lot of fuel used to wasted before the use of Fastag due to waiting in the queues but now this problem has been reduced a lot.
How to apply a Fastag from Google Pay
A new Fastag can be applied via the official websites of many banks, mobile payment apps, petrol pumps, car dealers, Toll plazas, etc. By submitting required documents and paying the specified amount, you can easily apply for a Fastag from banks like SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, or mobile Payment apps like Google Pay.
Google Pay is a mobile payment app that was mainly launched to make payments from your smartphones. Google Pay is a UPI-based app that is primarily used for sending or receiving money to friends or relatives, Recharging Mobiles, DTH, paying electricity bills, etc.
But now it is widely used in India to apply a new Fastag, recharging your Fastag, and a lot more. At this point in time, you can only buy a Fastag from ICICI Bank through Google Pay. You can follow the below steps to apply a Fastag through Google Pay.
- Open and log in to the Google Pay app on your mobile phone.
- Here you will see the ‘Business & Bills’ option.
- There are many options Under the ‘Business & Bills’ section.
- Click on ‘Down Arrow’ with Text ‘Show More.
- When you click on ‘Show More’ the list of options expands up and you will notice an option ‘ICICI Fastag’ by scrolling down.
- By clicking on this option, you will see ‘Buy Fastag’.
- You will be redirected to a new screen, where you have to provide various details like Pan Number, Vehicle Number, Scanned copy of RC, Home Address, etc.
- Now enter the mobile number and verify the OTP.
- Then you will have to make the payment for applying Fastag through ICICI Bank.
You are done with applying ICICI Bank Fastag through Google Pay.
Steps to Check Fastag balance in Google Pay
Fastag was implemented to end the toll-related problems that the vehicle owners have to face at the toll plazas by enabling them to pay toll charges electronically. As mentioned above the Fastag is tracked immediately by the toll sensors when it comes near the toll plaza. As a result, the Toll payment is paid from your Fastag account without any hassle. You have to continuously recharge your Fastag when there is a low balance in it and for that, you must know how much balance is left it.
Google Pay not only allows you to purchase a Fastag, recharge it but also gives an easy option of checking the balance in it.
Follow the below steps to check the balance in your Fastag prepaid account.
- Open and Login Google Pay app on your mobile phone.
- Now click on the ‘New Payment’ option on the home screen.
Search ‘Fastag’ in the Search box.
- After searching, a list of various banks opens up.
- Look for the bank which has issued Fastag for your vehicle.
- Now select your Fastag issuing bank and then enter information related to your vehicle like vehicle registration number.
- If your Fastag is already not linked to Google Pay, then you can link it by clicking on the ‘Link Account’ button.
- Once your Fastag account is linked with Google Pay, then you will see all the information related to your Fastag and can also check the balance in your Fastag account.