Fastag is a Radio Frequency Identification Technology (RFID) enabled device that is pasted on the windshield of four-wheeler vehicles and it has been made compulsory by NHAI from 16 Feb 2021 to pay the toll payment at all the toll plazas in India. So since 16 Feb 2021, all toll plazas will collect the toll tax through Fastag only.
Fastag is linked with your bank account or any prepaid wallet through which the toll fees are deducted from the Fastag account when your vehicle comes in contact with the scanners at any toll plaza.
When Fastag launched initially then one or two lanes at the toll plazas were dedicated to Fastag-enabled vehicles, but as it is now mandatory so all lanes at the toll plazas now get the toll payment through Fastag only. The toll payment is made immediately and automatically therefore the vehicle owner has no need to wait while crossing through any toll plaza. After automatic payment, the toll barrier is lifted and Fastag-enabled vehicles can cross quickly without wasting time in queues.
There are many banks in India through which you can get Fastag by visiting their nearest branches. Some of these banks are SBI Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI, and AXIS bank. The websites of these banks also give the facility to apply Fastag online without going to the branch of the banks. Even you can purchase Fastag from many e-wallet services providers for example Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, Amazon Pay, and a lot more. Fastag can also be purchased by visiting any nearest Toll plazas or some selected petrol pumps.
You have to recharge Fastag if you need to continue its services and for recharging you have to log in to the official Fastag portal of the issuing bank or another service provider. For login, you must have either a Customer ID/Wallet ID or a password. In this article, we will explain what is Fastag Customer ID and how you can know the Customer ID of Fastag using the Vehicle Number.
What is Fastag Customer ID?
Fastag Customer ID is a 13-digit string that starts with the number 17 and it has this format eg. 17xxxxxxxxxxx. Fastag Customer ID is usually sent to you along with the Fastag sticker when you purchase a new Fastag for your vehicle. Customer ID is also known as a user ID and it is similar to the customer ID in a bank account. Like customer ID in banks is necessary for login to your net banking, Fastag Customer ID is required to login to your Fastag account with any service provider.
If you lost your Customer ID received with the Fastag sticker or forget it then below we will explain how you can know your Fastag Customer ID through Vehicle Number.
Read: What is Fastag Wallet ID – How to Login and Recharge
How to find Fastag Customer ID using Vehicle Number
Follow the below steps to find your Customer ID of Fastag using the vehicle number
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of your Fastag service provider or issuing bank.
- After opening the official website of your Fastag provider, you have to locate the ‘Contact us’ section.
- Here you will find the Customer support number.
- You have to dial this helpline number.
- Once you are connected to any executive of your Fastag issuer and explain your concern to him/her.
- Then they will ask for your vehicle number.
- After knowing your vehicle number, the executive will give your Fastag Customer ID to you.
How to check Fastag Customer ID through Vehicle Number
Another option to check the Customer ID of the Vehicle number is through NPCI official portal i.e www.npci.org.in. For this, you have to follow this link: Check Here
Here you will find two options to check customer ID.
You can check your customer ID by selecting this option ‘Vehicle Registration Number(VRN)’. When you enter the registration number of your vehicle, then your Fastag id will be displayed in the given field.
So in this way you can find the Customer ID of your Fastag using your vehicle number.
How to Find Fastag Customer ID using Vehicle Number through Paytm?
Paytm is providing a lot of services related to Fastag. Paytm makes it easy for Fastag users to check their balance in Fastag, to add money to it, etc. All these things can be performed easily with the help of Paytm. By using Paytm, Fastag users can now also check their Fastag Customer ID for which they have to follow the below steps.
- Open the official website of Paytm from a desktop or mobile device.
- Login to the website by entering your login details.
- If you have the Paytm app on your mobile phone, then you can also use it for any Fastag-related tasks including checking Fastag Customer ID.
- After login into your Paytm account, you will see the ‘Manage Fastag’ option on the home screen, if you are already a Paytm Fastag customer.
- When you click on the ‘Manage Fastag’ option.
- Then you will have to choose your Fastag issuing bank from an available banks list.
- Now you will have to enter your ‘Vehicle Registration Number’ against which your Fastag is issued.
- After entering your vehicle number, click on ‘Proceed’.
- This will take you to a new screen where you will check all the details related to your Fastag like Fastag Customer Name, Fastag Customer ID, etc.
So by following the above steps, you can check the Fastag Customer ID using the Vehicle Number through Paytm.
How to Find Fastag Customer ID using Vehicle Number through ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank is one of the leading banks in India which has been authorized to provide Fastag-related services. It has a dedicated Fastag portal through which you can buy a new Fastag, recharge it, check the balance in your Fastag wallet, check recent transaction history, etc.
If you have purchased a Fastag from ICICI bank and want to know its Customer ID then you can do it through ICICI Bank online by following the below steps:
- Visit the official Fastag portal of ICICI Bank.
- Here you will see the login option where you are required to enter your login details.
- After entering your login details, you will be logged into your ICICI Bank Fastag account.
- Here you will have to go to the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- When you click on the Fastag recharge option, you will have to enter your Vehicle Number and click on proceed.
- You will now be able to see various details of your Fastag including the Customer ID.
5 thoughts on “How to find Fastag Customer ID using Vehicle Number”
I have lost my vehicle and having fastag. My in laws dont know the registered mobile no with fastag. So how can i find out registered mobile no.
From which bank you purchased your Fastag?
Your registered mobile number will be same that is connected your bank.
My Paytm fastag is not working since 3 months. Either Paytm or NHAI is not helping to resolve the issue despite several complaints made. Please suggest
SIR MAI FASTAG ISSUE BANK KA NAAM BHUL GAYA HU KAISE PATA CHALEGA BANK KA NAAM
Please check your fastag sticker