Fastag has been a topic of discussion among all Four-wheeled vehicle owners these days because it is now a must for four-wheeler vehicles to have a Fastag installed to make the payment of toll tax at the toll plazas.
Table of Contents
Fastag has really become a useful device for vehicles and it has improved the quality of life of vehicle owners especially for those who travel daily through national Highways in India.
Fastag device is pasted on the windscreen of your vehicle and it communicates with the devices at the toll plazas through a technology named RFID which is a short form of Radio Frequency Identification technology. The Fastag device on your vehicle sends signals when it comes near a toll plaza. These signals are caught up by the devices at the toll plaza and then the Toll Fees are deducted automatically from your Fastag account. This raises the bar at the toll plaza and you can cross within 1-2 minutes.
There are many platforms available online through which you can add money to your Fastag account. Some of the various available methods to recharge your Fastag are: Through the official Fastag portal of the bank, mobile apps like Paytm, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, etc.
When you recharge your Fastag using any of the above platforms, then you can make the recharge payment via Debit Card, Credit Card, Netbanking, UPI, etc.
Here in this article, we will explain in detail how you can recharge your Fastag through Debit Card.
Before explaining how to recharge your Fastag through Debit Card, we will give a brief overview of what is a Debit Card
Debit Card is basically a plastic card which is also known as ATM Card. The main purpose of a Debit Card is to withdraw money from your Current or Saving Account through ATM machines. When we open an account with any bank, then that bank issues Debit Card to us. This Debit can be used to withdraw money from the ATM machines at any time. The benefit of a Debit Card is that you don’t have to stand in queues in the bank’s branch and fill out the withdrawal form to withdraw money from your bank account.
As the modern era is of digitalization, so you can do various recharge like DTH recharge, Mobile recharge, pay electricity bills, buy movie, train, and flight tickets online from your home. The use of a Debit Card is not only limited to withdrawing money but it can also be used to make the payment of all the above-mentioned things.
Another benefit of a Debit Card is that it can also be used to recharge your Fastag account.
Steps to recharge Fastag through Debit Card
Follow the below steps to recharge your Fastag through Debit Card.
- Visit the Official Fastag portal of the bank which has issued Fastag for your vehicle.
- Then you need to login into your bank’s Fastag account by using Credentials that are provided to you when you receive the Fastag sticker.
- After login, you will see the Recharge Option.
- Click on the recharge option and then you will see a list of Fastag wallet ids
From this list choose your wallet id.
- Now you will be required to add your vehicle number for which the Fastag has been issued.
- In the next step, you will have to enter the recharge amount as per your convenience,
- Choose the payment option from the list of various methods mentioned.
- Here you will have to select the ‘Debit Card’
- Now you have to enter your Debit Card Number, Expiry Date, CVV Number, and then click on the Proceed button.
- After that, you will be taken to the Payment Gateway page and you will have to enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Fill the OTP and then click on the Submit button.
- Now your Fastag recharge using Debit Card will be completed.
Fastag Banks List with customer Care Number
|Customer Care Helpline
|Tag issuance charge
|Airtel Payments Bank
|EQUITAS SMALL FINANCE BANK
|1800 103 1222
|IDFC FIRST Bank
|₹200 including service tax
|PAYTM Payments Bank
|State Bank of India
|Axis Bank Ltd
|Rs. 200 + service tax
|1860 -500- 5004
|Punjab and Maharashtra Co-op Bank
|Bank of Baroda
|Rs. 84.74 + GST
|FINO Payments Bank
|Rs.100 + GST
|Karur Vysya Bank
|Punjab National Bank
|Union Bank of India
|1800- 22- 22 44
|Kotak Mahindra Bank
|Saraswat Co-operative Bank
|Yes Bank Ltd
|City Union Bank Ltd
|Nagapur Nagarik Sahakari Bank
|1800 -266- 7183
|South Indian Bank
|Bank of India
|Bank of Maharashtra
|AU Small Finance Bank
|1800 258 7300
|Central Bank of India
|1800 22 1911
|1800 425 1444
|Indian Overseas Bank
|18008904445 / 18004254445
|1800 572 1370