Defense officials have to declare or give proof that they are traveling for service reasons. Only then they will be eligible for exemption from Fastag. Defense officials who cross a toll plaza while not on duty will not be able to get the benefit of exempted Fastag.
It is required for every four-wheeler vehicle in India to have Fastag installed on its windscreen, as the Government of India has made it mandatory since 15 February 2021. After 15 February, toll collection through cash is not available at toll plazas across the country. But some people still don’t know what a Fastag is and how to get it. Here we are explaining briefly Fastag and its uses.
To avoid the hassles caused by the toll collection system, the National Highway Authority of India(NHAI) has introduced an electronic toll collection system in the country which is named Fastag. It was first introduced in the country in 2014. With this, you can proceed by paying toll tax at the toll plaza. This will prevent long queues of vehicles at the toll plaza and saves passengers time.
FASTag is pasted on the windscreen of 4 or more wheeled vehicles. It is based on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. With the help of this technology, as soon as your vehicle reaches any toll plaza, the sensor installed there deducts the fees from your Fastag account. This will require no need for vehicle owners to stop at the toll plazas for paying toll tax.
What is Fastag Monthly Pass?
Some people have to cross a particular toll plaza daily. So for such situations, the NHAI has provided a facility of making a monthly pass of Fastag in order to avoid recharging Fastag again and again. So here in this article, we will discuss how we can create a monthly pass of Fastag.
There are basically two ways of creating a monthly pass of Fastag.
Creating a Fastag Monthly Pass by visiting Toll Plaza
The first method of creating the monthly pass of Fastag is to visit any particular toll plaza physically with the required documents. When you visit the toll plaza office, then your monthly pass will be created and it will also be connected to your Fastag account. with this monthly Fastag pass, you can cross that toll plaza again and again without paying any fees for one month.
Creating Fastag Monthly Pass Online
Another way of creating a monthly pass of Fastag is online. This is a very easy and quick method of creating a monthly pass of Fastag. Below are the steps that you need to follow for creating a monthly pass of Fastag online.
- Visit the official website of Indian Highway Management Company Limited i.e www.ihmcl.co.in for creating a monthly pass of Fastag
- After opening the above website click on the ‘Buy Fastag Monthly Pass’ Link
- Now you will see the option to ‘Select the Plaza.
- Choose the name of the Toll Plaza for which you want to create the monthly pass
- Fill in the captcha and then click on Submit.
- After this, you will be redirected to a particular bank window eg in our case you will be redirected to the SBI bank window because we have got our Fastag from SBI bank.
- Now enter the Tag id and Vehicle Registration number.
- Choose the option which kind Pass your needs.
- After choosing the above option now you have to pay the Fees of the Fastag Monthly pass.
- Once you make the payment, your Fastag Monthly Pass will be created.
Documents required for Fastag Monthly Pass
While applying for a Fastag Monthly Pass, you will need to submit the following documents along with a given form. The documents required for the Fastag Monthly Pass are:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents and address proof of the vehicle owner
Benefits of Fastag Monthly Pass
- You can easily make payments at the toll plaza without losing time
- You do not need to keep cash in your pocket for toll payments at all times.
- If Fastag is installed on your vehicle, then there is no need to stop at the toll plaza which saves fuel.
- Fastag monthly passes can be easily recharged online.
- You can easily get information about all the transactions made from Fastag through SMS
How to activate and deactivate Fastag Monthly Pass
The Fastag monthly users have the facility provided by NHAI to activate and deactivate it, whenever they want. The users can avail of this facility to activate or deactivate their Fastag Monthly pass on any date. They have to follow the below steps in order to activate or deactivate the Fastag Monthly Pass:
- First of all, they have to open the official website from where they have purchased their Fastag eg in our case its SBI bank.
- After opening the official website of Fastag visit the Login page and enter your credentials eg. Username and password.
- Once you enter your login details, a new window will open up. Select the Tag view option from this new window.
- Now you have to select the Tag account once you have selected the Tag option.
- Click enter after adding your Fastag id details
- From the down menu, you have to choose the name of the toll plaza.
- After this, you have to select the date from which you want to activate your Fastag monthly pass.
- Click on the Submit button, after choosing the Activate Pass button option
Fastag users can follow all the above steps in a similar way in order to deactivate their Fastag Monthly Pass when they desire.
How to Recharge NHAI Fastag Monthly Pass
A monthly Pass of Fastag is helpful when you have to cross toll plazas frequently and let you avoid making payment again and again. Here we will go into deep to know how a monthly pass of Fastag can be recharged. Once you have created a monthly Pass of Fastag then it can be recharged by following the below steps:
- Open the official website of Ihmcl from your computer or mobile device by clicking here
- Once you open up the official website of ihmcl, you will see many options.
- On the top right-hand side, you will see a ‘Fastag’ option.
- By scrolling your mouse pointer on this ‘Fastag’ option, you will see a drop-down list.
- At the bottom of this drop-down list, there is the option ‘Buy Monthly Fastag Pass’
- It will take you to a new window where you will a drop list with the name of various toll plazas.
- From this drop list, you will see the toll plaza from which you have created Fastag Monthly Pass.
- Choose the desired Toll plaza for which you want to recharge your Monthly Pass of Fastag.
- Now click on the ‘Submit’ button after filling in the ‘Captcha’ code.
- This will take you to a new window where you will see the option to recharge the Monthly Pass of Fastag.
- Enter the amount that you want to recharge your Fastag Monthly Pass.
- Make the payment by choosing various available payment methods.
- The Monthly Pass of your Fastag will now be recharged.
NHAI Fastag Monthly Pass Price
Fastag was started to make the toll payment at the toll plazas cashless but you have to recharge your Fastag each time there is a low balance in it. To overcome the need of recharging Fastag several times in a month, NHAI Fastag monthly pass was started and it can be purchased at very reasonable prices. Price also depends upon the particular toll plaza for which you want the monthly pass, the type of vehicle, etc.
There are two types of monthly passes Fastag which depends upon the distance or journey you travel to a particular toll plaza. The prices for these two types of Fastag Monthly Passes are listed below:
NHAI Fastag Local Monthly Pass Price
If the toll plaza that you come across while your journey comes in a radius of 20 KM, then for this distance your Fastag Monthly Pass comes in the local category.
- If the distance is within a radius of 10 KM, then you will have to pay a price of Rs. 150 for your Fastag Monthly Pass.
- If the distance of the toll plaza is within a radius of 10 to 20 KM, then the Cost of Fastag Monthly Pass will be Rs. 300
- Within 20KM radius, a school bus has to pay a fee of Rs. 1000 for the Monthly Pass of Fastag
NHAI Fastag Monthly Pass Price for Long Distance
If the Toll plaza that you visit daily or frequently is in a radius of more than 20 KM, then the Local Monthly Pass is not applicable for this journey. For this, you will have to create Long distance Fa
stag Monthly pass and the price of such type of Monthly Pass is different for each type and class of vehicle.
- For Personal Vehicles like Car, Jeep and Vans you will have to pay a fee of Rs. 4505 for the NHAI Fastag Monthly Pass.
- The price of the Fastag Monthly Pass for Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV) is Rs. 7880
- Fastag Monthly Pass for Bus and Truck requires you to pay Rs. 15765.00
- Rs. 25335 will have to be paid as the Price of the Fastag Monthly Pass for Upto 3 Axle Vehicle.
- For 4 to 6 Axle vehicles, the Fastag monthly pass will cost Rs. 25335
- For Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM) and Electronics and Mechanical Engineers (EME) vehicles, one has to pay Rs. 25335 or Fastag Monthly Pass.
- The cost of a Fastag Monthly pass for 7 or more Axle is also the same i.e Rs. 25335
|Type of vehicle||Monthly Pass Price|
|Upto 3 Axle Vehicle||25335.00|
|4 to 6 Axle||25335.00|
|7 or more Axle||25335.00|
Nhai.gov.in Fastag Monthly Pass Paytm
Paytm lets vehicle owners buy a new Fastag for their vehicles online by submitting the required documents without any need to go anywhere. Fastag users can also recharge their Fastag purchased from any bank through Paytm. But if you are looking to apply for Fastag Monthly Pass, then Paytm is not providing this facility. So it means Fastag users can’t purchase and recharge NHAI Fastag Monthly passes through Paytm.
To buy or recharge Fastag Monthly Pass you will have to visit the official website of nhai.gov.in or ihmcl.
Other Related Pages:
- How to Recharge Fastag for Temporary Number
- How to Recharge Fastag Online Using Vehicle Number
- How To Recharge Fastag Through Freecharge App
- How to Recharge Fastag through Netbanking
- How to Recharge Fastag through Credit Card
- How to Recharge NETC Fastag through Google Pay (Gpay)
- How to Check FASTag Balance in PhonePe App
- How to Recharge Fastag through Amazon Pay