You can check the balance of your Fastag using the Vehicle number in many ways. Below, we have listed some popular ways to check the balance in your Fastag using Vehicle Number.
Steps to check Fastag balance with Vehicle number
Since Fastag is a prepaid device, it needs to be recharged regularly. The National Highways Authority of India launched Fastag, and all vehicles need to have Fastag after 15 Feb 2021 in order to make the toll payment. Fastag can be purchased from many banks like SBI, ICICI, and HDFC bank, and mobile payment applications like Paytm, Google Pay, PhonePe , etc.
NHAI has decided that it is necessary to maintain a minimum balance in Fastag purchased from any service provider. If a user is not able to maintain a minimum balance in his/her Fastag account, then he or she will not be allowed to enter the dedicated Fastag lanes of toll plazas. They will have to enter the non-Fastag lane and pay a double toll tax. Therefore, it is necessary for vehicle owners to avoid a negative balance in their Fastag. For this, they should continuously check the balance in their Fastag.
There are many ways to check the balance in Fastag. Here in this article, we will explain how you can check the balance in your Fastag using your vehicle number.
Fastag Balance Check with Vehicle Number using the Google Pay App.
To know your Fastag balance issued by any bank through vehicle number by using Google Pay, you can check the steps given below:
- The first step to checking the Fastag balance using Google Pay is to download and install the Google Pay app if it is not already installed on your mobile phone.
- Create a new account on the Google Pay app.
- Now login by entering your login details.
- After login, you will see a ‘Pay Bill’ option on the home screen.
- Tap on this option, and it will take you to a new screen.
- Tapping on the ‘Bill Payment’ option will show you a list of various options.
- In this list of options, you will have to find the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- A drop-down list of all Fastag issuing banks will appear to you.
- Choose the bank from where you have purchased your ‘Fastag.’
- You will now have to Link your Fastag account with Google Pay.
- For this, you will have to enter your ‘Vehicle Number.’
- After entering your ‘Vehicle Number’, Tap on the ‘Link Account‘ button.
- When your Fastag account is linked with Google Pay, you will be able to ‘Check the Fastag balance.’
- When you choose your bank from the list of banks then you will see a ‘View Balance’ button in the bottom right.
- Tapping on this button will show you the Fastag balance directly.
For more, read this: Fastag Balance Check with Vehicle Number using the Google Pay App .
Fastag Balance Check with Vehicle Number using PhonePe App.
The PhonePe app now also provides the option of checking your Fastag balance using vehicle numbers in a very simple and easy way. For this, you can check the below steps:
- Download and install the PhonePe app if it is not already on your mobile phone.
- After registration, enter your credentials to log in to your account.
- You will check the ‘Sell All’ option once you are logged in to your PhonePe account.
- The ‘Manage Fastag’ option will appear when you Tap on the ‘See All’ option.
- A list of all Fastag issuing banks will appear after clicking on the ‘Manage Fastag’ option.
- Choose your Fastag issuing bank from this drop-down list.
- Now you are required to enter your ‘Vehicle’s Registration Number’.
- Tap on the ‘Confirm’ button when you enter all other required information.
- Clicking on the ‘Confirm’ button will show you different details of your Fastag account, including Customer Number, Fastag Balance, and Maximum Recharge Amount.
These steps will let you check the Fastag balance using the vehicle Number through PhonePe.
For more, read this: Fastag Balance Check with Vehicle Number using the PhonePe app .
Fastag Balance Check with Vehicle Number using the Paytm app.
Paytm is a top digital payments company that provides the best payment services, including Fastag-related services, to its users through desktop or mobile devices. Paytm Fastag users can now also check the balance in their Fastag with the help of the below-mentioned steps.
- To check the Fastag balance, first of all, you have to either log in to the Paytm official website or open the Paytm app on your smartphone.
- If you have a Fastag purchased from Paytm, then after logging into your Paytm account, you will see a ‘Manage Fastag’ option.
- You can also search for the ‘Manage Fastag’ option just by typing ‘Fastag’ in the search box.
- When you click on the ‘Manage ‘Fastag’ option, you will see a new screen where you have to enter your ‘Registered vehicle Number’, which is linked to your Fastag account.
- Now click on the ‘Proceed’ option.
- After entering your vehicle number, you will now be able to check the full details of
- Your Fastag account, including the balance in it.
So, this is the process to check the balance in your Fastag account using the vehicle number through Paytm.
For more, read this: Fastag Balance Check with Vehicle Number using Paytm .
Checking Fastag balance with vehicle number through the MyFastag app
NHAI has launched a dedicated mobile app named MyFastag, through which you can perform many Fastag-related tasks like recharging Fastag, checking Fastag balance, etc. The feature of checking the balance in your Fastag has been recently added by NHAI to the MyFastag app. Through this feature, Fastag users can check their Fastag balance status easily by entering the vehicle number.
Follow the below steps to check the balance in your Fastag with the vehicle number through MyFastag.
- Download and install the MyFastag app on your mobile.
- After installing, login to the app by entering your username/login ID and password.
- Once you are logged in, you will have to enter your vehicle number.
- You can now easily check the balance in the Fastag linked to that vehicle number.
MyFastag app also gives the option to check the balance in your Fastag through various color codes. Various color codes are assigned to indicate the balance status in your Fastag.
- For example, after logging into the MyFastag app, if you see a Green Color, then it means that there is sufficient balance in your Fastag.
- If the MyFastag app shows an orange color, then it indicates that there is a low balance and that you need to add more money to your Fastag account.
- The ‘Red’ color indicates that there is zero balance in your Fastag, and your Fastag has been blacklisted. It means you need to recharge your Fastag as soon as possible.
For more, read this: Fastag Balance Check with Vehicle Number using My FastagApp .
Checking Fastag balance with vehicle number through the website
Another option to check the balance in your Fastag with vehicle number is through the official website of the bank or any other service provide, for which you can follow the below steps:
- Visit the official Fastag portal of your Fastag issuer bank.
- Log in to the website by entering your credentials, i.e., log in details.
- When you are logged into the official website of your Fastag service provider, you can check your Fastag account details.
- Here, you will find the option to enter the vehicle number for which you want to check the Fastag balance.
- The Fastag balance will now be displayed to you.
- You can also check the transaction history and download the statement of all the transactions done from your Fastag account.
Checking Fastag balance with vehicle number through Customer care number
All Fastag service providers have dedicated customer care or helpline numbers for any Fastag-related issues. Fastag users can contact this customer care number of their Fastag issuer bank if they have any problems or queries for the Fastag.
Fastag users can also check the balance in their Fastag wallet easily by contacting the customer support team. They simply have to dial the customer care number of their Fastag issuer, and they will be connected to a customer care executive. Users have to tell the executive that they want to know the balance in their Fastag. The customer support person will ask you to provide your vehicle number. Upon giving him the vehicle number, they will instantly tell you the balance left in your Fastag.
If your Fastag is linked with NHAI, then you can also call the toll-free customer number of NHAI, i.e., 1033, to know the balance in your Fastag.
How to check FASTag balance through SMS
Some Fastag service providers also give you the option to check the balance in your Fastag with your vehicle number through SMS service. With this service, Fastag users have to send an SMS with their vehicle number to a particular number of banks. The format of this SMS is like this:
SMS <ETCBAL Vehicle Registration Number XXXXXXX>.
For example, suppose you have purchased a Fastag from ICICI Bank and your vehicle number is UK02 3294; then, to check the balance in your Fastag through the vehicle number, you have to send the following message to this number: 801092888.
SMS <ETCBAL Vehicle Registration Number UK02 3294>.
If you have purchased Fastag from any other bank, then you simply have to send the above SMS to the dedicated SMS service number of that bank.
When you send the above message, the balance in your Fastag will be sent to your registered mobile number in the form of a text message. This message will contain all the details about the pending balance in your Fastag.
What is Fastag?
Fastag is an electronic system for the automatic payment of toll tax when your vehicle passes through toll plazas. It is a very useful device for those who travel often and for those who have to pass through toll plazas on the National Highways. Anyone who purchases a Fastag gets a small sticker type of device and has to attach it to the windscreen of their vehicle.
This Fastag device allows the driver to cross through dedicated lanes and be automatically charged for the cost of the toll tax without having to stop at the toll plazas every time.
The Fastag device has many benefits. In addition to offering the possibility to skip queues and traffic, it is to conveniently control all online expenses, monitor all transactions of toll tax, etc.
The base of Fastag is the RFID technology, which stands for Radio Frequency Identification technology. This RFID technology enables the Fastag device to be detected by the scanners installed at the toll plazas. When your vehicle approaches toll plazas, then these scanners detect the Fastag, and the toll payment is automatically debited from your Fastag wallet.
So, the working of a Fastag device can be summarized below:
- When Fastag comes near toll plazas, then the scanners catch the signals emitted by the RFID technology of the Fastag device.
- The scanner detects the vehicle, records its details, and deducts money from your Fastag account.
- After the money is deducted, the toll barrier is raised, and you can continue your journey.