Many times you may have to cross highways for business or personal trips. While crossing these highways, the vehicle owners have to pay some fees as the charge of using or traveling through these highways. This charge is known as toll tax or simply toll. This toll tax is mainly collected for the modernization and maintenance of the national highways and is also a good source of revenue for the National Highway Authority of India i.e NHAI and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
A new toll collection system known as Fastag is now used throughout the toll plazas in India for collecting toll tax digitally. Fastag is a small device that the vehicle owners have to put on the windscreen of their vehicle from inside. Fastag device uses Radio Frequency identification technology that makes contact with the scanners of the toll plazas when your vehicle enters the dedicated Fastag lane.
In addition to paying at the toll plazas, Fastag now also gives the possibility of paying parking fees, and making fuel payments at the petrol stations. NHAI which owns and operates Fastag in India is continuously adding more and more services into the Fastag.
In this article, we will explain how you recharge your Fastag through Freecharge. Before that will give a brief overview of what is Freecharge, how to apply Fastag, and how to recharge it using Freecharge.
What is Freecharge App
In today’s modern world of the internet, we can use all small to large money-related transactions using mobile apps. Freecharge is a mobile payment app through which you can easily send or receive money by using your mobile phone. Freecharge is a UPI-based payment app. Freecharge app is available in many languages and it is used for performing various tasks like sending money, recharging mobile, paying bills, booking movie tickets, etc.
The most recent feature that is added to Freecharge is the ability to recharge your Fastag anytime and anywhere.
How to apply a Fastag
To apply for a new Fastag, you simply have to go to any authorized bank, point of the sales center, etc. You can also purchase a new Fastag from the official Fastag portals of the issuing banks or through mobile wallet services. For now, it is not possible to apply a new Fastag from Freecharge but you can easily apply a Fastag from many banks. Follow the below process to apply a new Fastag for your vehicle.
- Visit the official website of the Fastag issuing bank.
- Here you will see the option ‘Apply New Fastag’
- You will now have to provide your personal details like Name, Address, Mobile Number, Email id, etc.
- Now upload the KYC documents like Aadhar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter Card.
- Enter the vehicle’s registration certificate i.e RC number.
- Also need to upload the front and back copy of RC.
- Then you will have to make the payment of applying Fastag which may differ depending upon the issuing bank.
- Follow the further instructions and then click on submit to complete the process of applying Fastag.
- Your Fastag will be ready in few days and will be delivered to your mentioned address.
How to recharge Fastag through Freecharge App
To get a Fastag you have to pay one-time issuance fees of Rs. 100, a security amount from Rs. 200 to Rs. 500. But after purchasing Fastag and activating it, you have to recharge it whenever the balance in it becomes low.
Fastag can be recharged through Credit card, debit, Netbanking, UPI apps, or through many other ways. One of the most popular and the simplest ways of recharging your Fastag is through Freecharge App.
Follow the below steps to recharge Fastag through Freecharge App.
- Open the Freecharge App on your smartphone
- After login, you will see the ‘New Payments’ option.
- When you click on the ‘New Payments’ section, you will have to tap the ‘Fastag Recharge’ option.
- Now choose the bank from where you have purchased your Fastag from the list of various banks.
- Type registration number of your vehicle.
- Enter the amount that you want your Fastag to be recharged with Freecharge.
- Make this recharge payment by choosing any preferred mode of payment like Debit Card, Credit Card, Netbanking etc.
- You can also use the balance in your Freecharge wallet to pay the Fastag recharge payment.
- Once payment is successful, your Fastag will be recharged using Freecharge.